Thursday, August 6, 2009

Busy yet successful times in the Big Smoke

Just back from a busy weekend in London. It kicked-off with an interview on BBC Breakfast early Saturday morning which was a little nerve wracking but seemed to go well - and then a visit to the Expo to see the Asics and Suunto stands ahead of my race the next day. I hadn’t put too much pressure on myself for this race as I was really using it as a bit of a warm-up for the ITU World Championship Series race in Hyde Park but I was obviously extremely pleased to win!

The swim went well with four of us managing to get a gap on the rest of the field relatively early on. The bike was hard as we were all working to extend our advantage and it felt like there was a constant headwind. I ran well and kept pushing myself and I think I won by 35 seconds, so I am really pleased with how it went. It has certainly given me confidence leading into Hyde Park and the World Champs Grand Final (in September) - and it has motivated me to get back home for a hard week’s training. Marc will make sure of that!

I had to do an interview for Radio Five Live straight after the race where we discussed everything from my race win to 2012, the upcoming race in Hyde Park, the FINA World Swimming Champs along with the current issue of the controversial new swimsuits. There’s a lot going on in the sports world at present and I love the fact that triathlon is becoming more mainstream and accessible to everyone.

Will keep you posted on how my training goes ahead of August 15th…

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home